This recent article says a great many interesting things. Of all the things that jumped out at me, it was #2, “computer geeks are not control experts.” Yes, modern controls encompass a lot of computers and sometimes a bit of programming, but you still have to know the intricacies of sensors, actuators, basic physics, and hands-on reality.
- It’s been a long time – updated checklists!
- The Quidnon!
- A visit to LowellMakes, in Lowell, MA
- A visit to 10BitWorks, a San Antonio, Texas MakerSpace
- The Amazing Worcester – Institute for Energy and Sustainability/Technocopia
- Another Robot Competition at Artisan’s Asylum – Bigger, Better
- Robot Competition at Artisan’s Asylum
- The VW scandal
- A visit to an Austin, Texas hacker space – ATX Hackerspace
- Teaching at Artisan’s Asylum – One Day Arduino Workshop
- A visit to a St. Louis hacker space – Arch Reactor
- Arduino Seminar
- Photos from Delay
- Making Makers Make – Arisia 2015
- Art and Kinetic Light Painting – First Night 2015
- Non-contact water flow detection on the cheap
- Trade Magazines
- Things non-control people should know about control engineers
- Delay makes its debut
- A MakerTale